Mentor Embedded Nucleus® RTOS has been deployed on over three billion embedded devices and is a proven, reliable, and fully optimized RTOS. With Nucleus, developers can deploy a hard real-time, deterministic kernel as small as 2kb on a wide selection of Xilinx SoCs and MPSoCs. Nucleus brings together integrated software IP, tools, and partner technologies into a single, ready-to-use solution – ideal for applications where a scalable footprint, connectivity, security, power management, and deterministic performance are essential.
The built-in Power Management Framework in the Nucleus RTOS enables developers to specify application requirements with high-level hardware agnostic APIs for Nucleus to automatically discover power-aware components to help simplify the design process, increase code reuse, and speed time to market.
Nucleus networking incorporates a wide range of standard-compliant networking and communication protocols, drivers, and utilities to deliver full-featured network support in any embedded device. The networking functionality is fully integrated into the Nucleus RTOS and supports a variety of Xilinx cores.
Nucleus SafetyCert™ is a safety-certified, RTOS and middleware package targeting high-performance, next-generation applications that need to meet stringent safety and regulatory requirements in many industries including avionics, industrial, medical, and automotive.
- Data and Network Security
- Extensive Architecture Support including ARM, MIPS, and Power
- File System Software for FAT and SAFE
- Industrial Bus (I2C, SPI) Connectivity
- Integrated Development Tools with Eclipse-Based IDE
- Networking and Wireless Connectivity
- Power Management APIs for Low Power Design
- Rich UI Development
- Stable Deterministic Kernel with a Small Memory Footprint (as low as 2 kb)
- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Connectivity