Basys 2 Spartan-3E FPGA Trainer Board
The Basys 2 FPGA development board is a circuit design and implementation platform for beginners to gain experience building real digital circuits. Built around a Xilinx® Spartan®-3E FPGA and an Atmel® AT90USB2 USB controller, the Basys 2 development board provides complete, ready-to-use hardware suitable for hosting circuits ranging from basic logic devices to complex controllers. A large collection of on-board I/O devices and all required FPGA support circuits are included, so countless designs can be created without the need for any other components.
Four standard expansion connectors allow designs to grow beyond the Basys 2 board using breadboards, user-designed circuit boards, or Pmods (Pmods are inexpensive analog and digital I/O modules that offer A/D & D/A conversion, motor drivers, sensor inputs, and many other features). Signals on the 6-pin connectors are protected against ESD damage and short-circuits, ensuring a long operating life in any environment. The Basys 2 board works seamlessly with all versions of the Xilinx ISE® tools, including the free WebPACK™. It ships with a USB cable that provides power and a programming interface, so no other power supplies or programming cables are required.
Key Features & Benefits
- 8 LEDs, 4-digit seven-segment display, four pushbuttons, 8 slide switches, PS/2 port, and a 8-bit VGA port
- FPGA features 18-bit multipliers, 72Kbits of fast dual-port block RAM, and 500MHz+ operation
- Four 6-pin headers for user I/Os, and attaching Digilent PMOD accessory circuit boards
- Requires Adept 2.0 or later for operation
- Three on-board voltage regulators (1.2V, 2.5V, and 3.3V) that allow use of 3.5V-5.5V external supplies
- USB 2 full-speed port for FPGA configuration and data transfers (using Adept 2.0 software available as a free download)
- User-settable oscillator frequency (25, 50, and 100 MHz), plus socket for a second oscillator
- XCF02 Platform Flash ROM that stores FPGA configurations indefinitely
- Xilinx Spartan-3E FPGA, 100K or 250K gate
- A USB cable that provides power and a programming interface
- Free Digilent Adept Software (Downloaded in Digilent Website)
- Spartan 3E 100K / 250K FPGA board