The logiLMD Lane Marking Detection IP core from Xylon's logicBRICKS IP core library is designed to detect the lane markings on the roadway video scenarios captured from a rear-view camera, and to raise an alert in case the host's vehicle departs from the lane. Its functions include image-processing filters, like Gaussian smoothing and Edge detection, and blocks specifically tailored for lane marking detections. The output of the core is the set of straight lines corresponding to lane markings.
1. Fundamental building block for FPGA based automotive Rear Looking Lane Departure Warning System
2. Adopts to shadows and light changes
3. Hough Transform based model fitting
4. High input data rate; > 200 Mpix/sec
5. Provides high level decision making reasoning as open source embedded software
6. The most demanding computing tasks implemented in programmable logic