This multi-faceted problem has been seen in 3.1i and 4.1i Aldec installations.
1. At the end of installation, this error message appears in a dialog box:
"dpmsvrps.dll registering was not lauched successfully."
2. Then, trying to run the Project Manager, as the application loads, this error message appears:
"Pcm #### Cannot initialize Automation - Could not get interfaces to Synopsys server."
3. Finally, synthesis is unavailable.
The two problems have been known to be related.
The first error message can occur if the registry
cannot be updated at the end of the installation.
The steps in Answer Record 9444 will allow you to
manually complete the Registry process:
1. Open a DOS prompt.
2. Change to the XILINX\express\bin-win32i directory.
3. Enter the following command: "regsvr32.exe dpmsvrps.dll"
4. Reboot your computer.
This should eliminate the second error message, by counteracting