General Description: The XACT 5.2.x software and the M1 software both use the FLEXlm License Server. Is it possible to have them run together using the same Lmgrd process and the same license file?
Yes. To use the same Lmgrd process, you must do the following:
1. Define the environmental variable XLM_ENABLE_LM_LICENSE_FILE as follows:
# The C Shell (put in ~/.cshrc file) setenv XLM_ENABLE_LM_LICENSE_FILE 1
# The Bourne Shell (put in ~/.profile file) XLM_ENABLE_LM_LICENSE_FILE=1 export XLM_ENABLE_LM_LICENSE_FILE
# The Apollo Aegis /com/sh XLM_ENABLE_LM_LICENSE_FILE := "1" export XLM_ENABLE_LM_LICENSE_FILE
The presence of this environment variable will cause the XACT 5.2.x programs to use the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable to locate the license file. This variable also inhibits the program from calling the autostartup program (XLMASU) if the license manager is not running. The disadvantage of this method is that all users of XACT 5.2.x software must make sure that the two environment variables XLM_ENABLE_LM_LICENSE_FILE and LM_LICENSE_FILE are defined properly.
2. Make sure that both license files have the same server host name and host ID defined. There should be a line in the license files that has the following format:
SERVER hostname hostid port
For example: SERVER galaxy 7271DE2D 2100
3. Concatenate the M1 and XACT 5.2.x license files together. After doing this, remove the duplicate SERVER line from the resultant license file.
4. Verify that the DAEMON lines in the license file for the XILINXD and XXACTD Daemons have the correct paths to their respective executables.
5. Verify that the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable points to the combined license file.
6. Set up the M1 environmental variable: setenv XILINX /path/to/M1
7. Set up the XACT environmental variable: setenv XACT /path/to/XACT521
8. Set up your path so that the M1 license manager executable is first in your path. For example: set path = ($XILINX/bin/sun $XACT/bin/sparc $path)
9. Start up the license server: $XILINX/bin/<platform>/lmgrd -c /path/to/license/file
NOTE: For more information on starting up the license manager for the XACT and M1 software, please refer to the following documentation:
- XACT Step 5.2.x Core Tools Release Document - README file in the $XACT/license directory - M1 Install and Release Document