This solution record gives an alternate explanation for why
this error may occur and what to do, assuming that the
suggested resolutions in the error message (making sure
there is adequate disk space, checking that the directory has
write permission, and the network is healthy) do not resolve
Messages similar to the following may appear in the
"LogiBLOX GUI Messages" window when module generation
1. ERROR:basxb:41 - Cannot open temporary output file
2. ERROR:basxb:37 - Failed to generate ngd netlist for module
The reason this may happen is because LogiBLOX creates and
uses temporary files in the directory referenced by the
Windows "tmp" environment variable. On a system where this
problem is seen spaces have been appended to end of the tmp
LogiBLOX then calls NGD2EDIF (message 1 above), referencing
files found inside the temporary directory. Because NGD2EDIF
arguments are usually delimited by blank spaces, the tool
interprets part of the file name as additional arguments being passed to it, resuting in the error.
These messages appear on the Windows NT platform, either when
invoking LogiBLOX through Foundation, or when running
Remove the spaces at the end the TMP environment variable setting.
1. Open Control Panel, and double click on "System."
2. Choose the "Environment" tab.
3. Under User Variables, select the "TMP" variable, and
delete the spaces at the end of the "Value" line.
4. Click "Set," "Apply," and "OK."
5. If LogiBLOX was invoked through Foundation, LogiBLOX and
Foundation Project Manager must be closed and reopened.
If LogiBLOX was invoked standalone, then only LogiBLOX
must be reopened.