You are using a deprecated Browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Xilinx.
4.1i XST - Naming conventions for nets, instances, flip flops, etc.
Keywords: flip, flop, flops, ff, ffs, ff's, name, naming, net, convention, instances, 3.1i
What naming convention is used by XST?
NOTE: This information came from the appendix of the XST User Guide.
These rules are listed in order of naming priority:
1. Keep hierarchy in instance names, using underscores as hierarchy designators.
2. Register instances, including state bits, will be named for the output signal preceded by an 'I_'.
3. Clock buffer instances are named _clockbuffertype (like _BUFGP or _IBUFG) after the output signal.
4. Instantiation instance names of black boxes are maintained.
5. Instantiation instance names of library primitives are maintained.
6. Input and output buffers are named _IBUF or _OBUF after the pad name.
7. Output instance names of IBUFs are named instance_name_IBUF. Input instance names to OBUFs are named instance_name_OBUF.